Car rental in Zurich
Interested in Car Rental in Zurich? Find out more about car hire with Europcar in Zurich!
Car rental in Zurich. Conditions of car rental in Zurich with Europcar!
Why choose Europcar?
- Only new rental cars
- No hidden charges
- 24 hour roadside assistance
- 24/7 service in most major airports
- Flight delayed? We'll wait for you
Terms and conditions
- Online rate for car rental in Zurich includes:
- VAT (8%)
- Basic insurance
- Unlimited mileage (unless otherwise stated)
- Airport tax (if you rent a car in Zurich Airport)
- 24/7 support on the road
- Winter tires (if you rent a car in Zurich from November 15 to March 15)
- Minimum age at the time of car rental in Zurich is 20 or 25 years, depending on the category of reserved car;
- When renting a car in Zurich may need additional service 'young driver' (drivers under the age of 25 years) is from 18,12 CHF per day and a maximum of 181,23 CHF per rental car;
- Driving license: at least 1 year;
- For car rental in Zurich, the following credit cards are accept: American Express, Diners Club, Euro Card, Master Card, Visa, JCB;
- Additionally, at the time of car rental in Zurich will be blocked deposit, which will be immediately unlocked for prompt return of the car without damage and with a full tank.
- Delivery / Collection: Further information is available from the booking Europcar;
- One-way car rental (return of the car to another station):
- A) in Zurich: available between stations Europcar;
- B) between other countries: for more information on car rental is available from the booking Europcar.
- Please note that when renting a car in Zurich, the navigation system can not be transported to another station Europcar;
- Additional services: Baby seats, Snow chains, Ski racks and Navigation system can be ordered online at the time of booking car rental in Switzerland.
- Also, you should know:
- Europcar is a partner of many airlines and hotel chains. Every time you rent a car with Europcar you can earn miles program: Miles & More, Air France / KLM - Flying Blue, Delta Skymiles, AirBerlin Top Bonus, Turkish Airlines, Hilton HHonors, and many others. To earn miles, select the program and specify the number of your membership card at the 3rd step of the booking.
- To get low rates for car rental in Zurich, book in advance, as soon as knew travel dates. To be able to choose from a wide selection, booking a car at least 10 days before the start of the lease. Especially for vehicles with automatic transmission.
- We advise to book a car directly from Europcar website, and not on the site facilitator, because only when you order a car directly you are guaranteed to get the ordered group of cars. And if you have additional questions Europcar reservation department will provide you with complete information in the shortest possible time.
- When booking a car in Zurich, Europcar confirms only cars category and transmission. That is, ordering a compact car with automatic transmission you will get a car for 4 people, with 'automatic' without reference to the model.
- You will get a car with a full tank of fuel, and you need to return, as well, with a full tank. Also you will be offered the opportunity to purchase a full tank of fuel at a good price. This is useful if you are renting a car for a business trip, as the cost of fuel can be included in the lease agreement, this reducing the number of accounting documents for your accounting department.
- Before renting please check a car, be possible to photograph the damages and make sure that they are marked in rental agreement.
- If you make prepaid booking via Europcar web-site, you must provide the same card for the deposit.
- Car rent in Zurich.
- Zurich is the capital of the canton of the same name.
- It lies on the river Limmat where it flows out of Lake Zurich, and is the largest town in Switzerland.
- The city is a cultural mecca, and in international polls frequently figures among the most desirable cities in the world to live in.
- In the 19th and 20th centuries in particular it attracted many notable writers, artists and composers.
- The Dada art movement was born in Zurich's Cabinet Voltaire in 1916.
- Today it boasts not only many museums, theatres and concert halls, but some 500 bars, nightclubs and discos.
- The Bahnhofstrasse is one of Switzerland's prime shopping streets.
- Switzerland's largest airport is in Kloten near Zurich.
- The city is also an important rail hub. As for urban transport, Zurich claims to have the best-served urban traffic network in the world.
- But if you prefer to travel with comfort, the best way is to rent a car.
- You can rent a car directly at the Zurich Airport, at the city center of Zurich. If you ask someone from Zurich which of the city’s sights represents Zurich best, they’ll probably point to the Grossmünster, its unmistakable double towers making it the closest Zurich has to a landmark. Wasserkirche and Fraumünster complete the trinity of famous churches.
- Lindenhof is where Zurich started off and is a lovely spot today, while the central police station is another unlikely lovely spot - unless maybe you’re escorted there.
- Its entrance hall is splendidly decorated with work by Augusto Giacometti.
- But two of Zurich’s major attractions are not man-made at all: the lake and the Uetliberg peak. With its beautiful lakeside location, unspoilt environment and extensive range of leisure and cultural activities, Zürich is both a unique and attractive travellers haven and has always been Switzerland's largest tourist destination.