Car rental in Geneva
Car rental in Geneva. Find out more about car rental in Geneva with Europcar!
The largest selection of car rental in Geneva from Europcar!
Why customers prefer Europcar
Terms and Conditions
- Online rate for car rental in Geneva include:
- VAT (8%)
- Basic insurance
- Unlimited mileage (unless otherwise stated)
- Airport tax (if you rent a car in one of the airport in Geneva)
- 24/7 support on the road
- Winter tires (if you rent a car in Geneva from November 15 to March 15)
- Minimum age at the time of car rental in Geneva is 20 or 25 years, depending on the category of reserved car;
- When renting a car in Geneva may need additional service 'young driver' (drivers under the age of 25 years) is from 18,12 CHF per day and a maximum of 181,23 CHF per rental car;
- Driving license: at least 1 year;
- For car rental in Geneva, the following credit cards are accept: American Express, Diners Club, Euro Card, Master Card, Visa, JCB;
- Additionally, at the time of car rental in Geneva will be blocked deposit, which will be immediately unlocked for prompt return of the car without damage and with a full tank.
- Delivery / Collection: Further information is available from the booking Europcar;
- One-way car rental (return of the car to another station):
- A) in Geneva: available between stations Europcar;
- B) between other countries: for more information on car rental is available from the booking Europcar.
- Please note that when renting a car in Geneva, the navigation system can not be transported to another station Europcar;
- Additional services: Baby seats, Snow chains, Ski racks and Navigation system can be ordered online at the time of booking car rental in Switzerland.
- Also, you should know:
- Europcar is a partner of many airlines and hotel chains. Every time you rent a car with Europcar you can earn miles program: Miles & More, Air France / KLM - Flying Blue, Delta Skymiles, AirBerlin Top Bonus, Turkish Airlines, Hilton HHonors, and many others. To earn miles, select the program and specify the number of your membership card at the 3rd step of the booking.
- To get low rates for car rental in Geneva, book in advance, as soon as knew travel dates. To be able to choose from a wide selection, booking a car at least 10 days before the start of the lease. Especially for vehicles with automatic transmission.
- We advise to book a car directly from Europcar website, and not on the site facilitator, because only when you order a car directly you are guaranteed to get the ordered group of cars. And if you have additional questions Europcar reservation department will provide you with complete information in the shortest possible time.
- When booking a car in Geneva, Europcar confirms only cars category and transmission. That is, ordering a compact car with automatic transmission you will get a car for 4 people, with 'automatic' without reference to the model.
- You will get a car with a full tank of fuel, and you need to return, as well, with a full tank. Also you will be offered the opportunity to purchase a full tank of fuel at a good price. This is useful if you are renting a car for a business trip, as the cost of fuel can be included in the lease agreement, this reducing the number of accounting documents for your accounting department.
- Before renting please check a car, be possible to photograph the damages and make sure that they are marked in rental agreement.
- If you make prepaid booking via Europcar web-site, you must provide the same card for the deposit.
- Rent a car in Geneva
- Geneva is the capital of the canton of the same name, and is Switzerland's second biggest city.
- It lies in the south-west, near the border with France, at the western end of Lake Geneva, where the Rhone flows out of the lake.
- A number of international organisations have their headquarters in Geneva.
- These include the European headquarters of the UN, the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), the World Health Organisation (WHO), the International Labour Organisation (ILO), the UN High Commission for Refugees and CERN, the European Organisation for Nuclear Research.
- Geneva is also well known for its watches.
- The Geneva Seal, or Poinçon de Genève, is a quality hallmark which is only granted to a select range of luxury watches according to strict criteria.
- Each year Geneva holds an exclusive fair, the International Salon for Prestige Watchmaking. Geneva is also known for its car fair, held every year in March.
- Other fairs held in Geneva include the Inventors' Fair and the Book Fair.
- The city has Switzerland's second largest airport, Cointrin.
- It is linked directly by rail with Paris, and also with Milan, via the Rhone valley.
- Within Switzerland it has direct trains to Lake Constance at the opposite end of the country via Bern and Zurich.
- In international surveys ranking cities of the world for their quality of life, Geneva usually figures very near the top.
- The most convenient way to travel Geneva is the car.
- You can rent a car in airport of Geneva or in the city center.